SanCloud’s new Automotive V4 Cape debuts at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020 in Las Vegas this week
This exciting new offering represents a major technological leap for vehicle manufacturer, supply chain and motor enthusiast customers seeking a feature-rich embedded system to drive their most ambitious Connected Vehicle projects.
The cape mounts to any of SanCloud’s range of BeagleBone Enhanced boards to form a high performance, low power and extremely versatile open source development platform with Buildroot and Yocto support or can be mass-produced in its current form as an in-vehicle system for all kinds of connected vehicle applications.
As a Member of Automotive Grade Linux (AGL), this latest offering is showcased on the AGL booth at this week’s Consumer Electronic Show, Las Vegas
The product delivers CAN data to an Infotainment System in an interactive demo. Just one of many automotive applications that can be supported.
The product comprises of the new Automotive Cape V4 married with a BeagleBone Enhanced – all neatly housed within an IP67 enclosure.
In addition to the full functionality of SanCloud’s BeagleBone Enhanced range, the cape adds the following features:
- Single or Dual CAN interface for speeds up to 1Mb
- GNSS (GPS/Galileo/GLONASS/BeiDou) and Cellular module option via Mini PCIe USB interface
- Accessory/Ignition signal for software signalling
- Onboard RTC (real time clock) with super-cap for low power accurate time keeping
- Vehicle interface DEUTSCH 12-pin DTM06-12SA connector
- Waterproof IP67 Protection (Automotive Cape supplied with special order BeagleBone Enhanced in a waterproof enclosure)
- UL Flammability Rating 20mm Flame Test per Standard UL-94
- Input supply voltage range 6 – 60V DC
- All the features of the BeagleBone Enhanced* board on which the Automotive Cape is installed
- Compatible with *special order BeagleBone Enhanced and BeagleBone Enhanced Industrial variants
Automotive Cape V4 (front view with DTM06-12SA connector)
Automotive Cape V4 mounted to BeagleBone Enhanced (side view)
Automotive Cape V4 mounted to BeagleBone Enhanced (top view)
This new product launch coincides with the timing of Subaru USA’s own decision to select Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) for its own Starlink infotainment platform. SanCloud are Silver Members of AGL and contributors to the development of its AGL’s open source software Unified Code Base (UCB) platform.
Visitors to the AGL booth at CES 2020 throughout this week will see SanCloud’s new BeagleBone Enhanced Automotive offering in action, delivering CAN data for AGL’s interactive vehicle infotainment system demo.
To find our more drop in to AGL’s booth number 1815 in the Westgate Pavilion at CES where you can see SanCloud and the infotainment system in action alongside 19 other automotive demos. If you can’t make it to the show, just contact us and we will be happy to help.